Innovators Meetup TweetUp (#InnovatorsMeetup) and Local Meetup (#CarolinaInnovators) – July 12, 2016 at 6pm ET
We’re taking the Carolina Innovators Meetup online! Join us tomorrow, July 12th, at 6pm ET to discuss assessing and getting started with emerging technologies as well as transformation trends in the news. TweetUp participants using the designated hashtag, #InnovatorsMeetup, will be entered to win one of 10 prize packs.
- When: Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Where (via Twitter): Follow the conversion online here http://tweetchat.com/room/InnovatorsMeetup and/or by following #InnovatorsMeetup
- In-Person: Local to Raleigh, NC? Attend in person! Join us at HQ Raleigh (310 S Harrington St. Raleigh, NC) RSVP at: http://bit.ly/29GPFqI
- Host: Melissa Kennedy; @kmelissakennedy
- Speakers: IBM’s Emerging Technology R&D Manager, Chris “Spence” Spencer and WRAL’s Director of Content, Jodi Leese Glusco (@jmgl)
- Sponsor: 48 Innovate; @48Innovate
- TweetUp Participation: Use Hashtag #InnovatorsMeetup to join the conversation and ask questions in real-time.
- Prizing: 10 Surprise Prize Packs will be distributed to TweetUp participants using the designated hashtag
TweetUp & Local Lineup:
6:00 PM – Welcome & Networking
6:05-6:25 PM – Speaker One – Chris “Spense” Spencer – Beyond the Buzz – A Simple Framework to Assess & Get Started with Emerging Technologies.
IBM’s Emerging Technology R&D Manager Chris “Spence” Spencer shares insights on conversational computing, ambient computing, Watson and more, but with an easy litmus test to help you decide to invest time to pursue or not.
6:28-6:48 PM – Speaker Two – Jodi Leese Glusco – Reinventing News – Transformation Trends in News fromWRAL.com
WRAL.com’s Director of Content, Jodi Leese Glusco will share emerging trends transforming the news businesses and shares insights and actions from local TV powerhouse, WRAL news.
6:50 – 7:00 PM –
TweetUP: Prize Winners Selected & Announced
Local Meetup: Quick networking game, additional networking and wrap
Sweepstakes Prizing Terms & Conditions
Open only to citizens of US and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older. Winners will be randomly selected from TweetUp participants using the assigned hashtag, #InnovatorsMeetup, between 6:00:00PM ET – 6:48:00 PM ET. Winners will be announced on or around July 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM ET. Participants must follow @kmelissakennedy to be DM’ed if selected as a winner. Void where prohibited.
Latest posts by K. Melissa Kennedy (see all)
- Speak Up or Quiet Down – Your Innovation Challenge – Best of The Weekly Zing - December 28, 2018
- Quick Quotes that Inspire Innovation: Megan Smith - December 23, 2018
- Trash It – Your Innovation Challenge – Best of The Weekly Zing - November 28, 2018