#InnovatorsMeetup In Review – Secrets from Elite Futurists to Discover Your Next Move
Discover Your Next Move from the Secrets of Elite Futurists Recap
First, she explained what futurists do. They look at data to discern trends to predict the future. Data comes in all forms. They try to make connections that others don’t see. And, yes, sometimes they get it wrong.
Teresa shared projects she and her team were working on, including patent for using spinach as a bomb detector – Yes, there is a whole body of work on plant-based science for security.
Two popular topics were around:
- Biohacking. With all the health apps tracking your every more, there is a hot trend in optimizing your health based on all that data.
2) Glade Museum of Feelings, which is a museum in NYC that allow visitors to experience the feelings created by scent
1- Watch demographic trends – an aging population and growth and transformation in under-developed countries
2- Consume as much information as you can outside your normal expertise – read, watch and skim to help find unrelated connections
3- Always be curious. Discovery happens when we constantly ask questions and seek to understand.
Join us for our next event, which will feature Interactive Innovator Chuck Rinker who will give us Reality Check – The Future of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality. A panel of “reality experts” will be there to show and tell the latest in reality tech and help you decide if it is right for you. We will continue the online engagement as well, so look out for hashtag #innovatorsmeetup to get involved regardless of your geography.
Latest posts by K. Melissa Kennedy (see all)
- Speak Up or Quiet Down – Your Innovation Challenge – Best of The Weekly Zing - December 28, 2018
- Quick Quotes that Inspire Innovation: Megan Smith - December 23, 2018
- Trash It – Your Innovation Challenge – Best of The Weekly Zing - November 28, 2018